Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I read an interesting quote today that can serve as a starting point when evaluating our current GWB:
"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country."
The quote comes from an address by Lincoln to Congress. It got me to thinking that I cannot recall our current President ever having changed his mind on anything. I don't mean give up after failure a la social security privatisation. I mean actually go one way, then voluntarily switch directions when reality failed to meet projection.

1 Comments:

Blogger Devin said...

Well, you're a little late to the "to stay the course or not to stay the course" game, but you did chime in with an interesting quote. You literate people and your quotes...

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home